From Saturday 17 October, your area is under local restrictions, in Tier 2 (high alert) category for England. The local authority website has full details of the restrictions which apply to you.
Meeting friends and family
You must not meet people you do not live within any indoor setting – whether at home or, for example, a pub or restaurant – unless they are part of your support or childcare bubble.
You may continue to mix with people outdoors (including in a garden or a park) but you must not meet in a group of more than six, and you must follow social distancing rules.
Meeting in larger groups is against the law, and you can be fined up to £6,400.
Going to work
You should work at home if possible. If you cannot do this, you can return to your workplace but your employer must make arrangements for you to work safely.
Schools and nurseries
Schools and nurseries remain open. In schools and colleges that teach Year 7 and above, face coverings should be worn by adults and pupils when moving around the premises, but not usually in a classroom.
- Pubs, bars, and restaurants are restricted to table service only and must close at 22:00 BST.
- Customers should not mix indoors with anyone from outside their own household or support bubble. Outdoors, you can meet in groups of up to six people.
- At least one member of any group should give their contact details to the venue or check-in using the NHS Covid app.
- Face coverings must be worn, except when seated to eat or drink.
You must wear a face-covering in shops, supermarkets, and shopping centers.
- If you need to travel, you should aim to reduce the number of journeys you make where possible and you are encouraged to walk or cycle, rather than use public transport.
- You should avoid traveling in a car with someone outside your household or support bubble unless you can practice social distancing.
- You can stay at hotels or guest accommodation, inside or outside your area, but only with people in your household or support bubble.
- Travel from your area to Wales will not be allowed from 18:00 BST on Friday 16 October, except for a limited set of reasons such as going to school or work.
- Weddings, civil partnership ceremonies, and wedding receptions are restricted to 15 people (the reception must be a sit-down meal).
- Up to 30 people can attend a funeral. Wakes and other related events are restricted to 15 people.
You should not visit a care home except in exceptional circumstances, for example, to visit an individual who is at the end of their life.